Lets face it, not all beauty products on the market are safe. Unfortunately, companies test on animals and use harsh chemicals in formulations. Being as skin is the biggest organ of our body, awareness of the quality and safety of products you purchase is vital. I was a safer beauty enthusiast prior to pregnancy, but the following products have truly been a saving grace to me throughout the past 33 weeks!
1. Lush Sleepy Body Lotion- during my first pregnancy, I purchased belly cream to keep the skin on my stomach moisturized in effort to combat stretch marks. There are safe belly creams on the market, but I have been obsessed during this pregnancy with Lush's Sleepy Body Lotion for my stomach! The sweet and comforting smell of lavender is an added bonus to keeping my skin fully hydrated all day or night. The glycerin, cocoa butter and almond oil combination also stays on your skin and does not stain or mark up clothing.
2. Beautycounter Nourishing Rosewater Mist- made with organic rose essence, this spray spritzed on the face provides a refreshing pick-me-up while softening and toning your skin.
3. Beautycounter #3 Balancing Facial Oil- my facial skin has been awfully dry for the last four months of this pregnancy. I met with my dermatologist and was told my face is suffering a form of dermatitis caused by pregnancy hormones. The best solution would be a peel, but being as peels are not safe during pregnancy, what I have found to work the best is Beautycounter's Balancing Facial Oil. The blend of seven natural oil restores and calms my skin.
4. PHLUR- I fell in love with PHLUR almost two years ago. This Austin,TX fragrance company is changing the industry by offering hypoallergenic, vegan, cruelty-free and sustainably source and packaged scents. Hanami has been my go to scent to wear and I also adore my long lasting PHLUR candle.
5. Native Deodorant- this is hands down my favorite deodorant because it is free of aluminum, parabens and sulfates, not tested on animals and actually works! The company releases fun season scents, offers travel sizes and men's scents. I always order online out of habit, but Native is now available at Target!