Autumn Kale Salad
Servings: 2 large salads or 4 small salads
1 bunch of kale, chopped and stems removed
1 butternut squash, cubed
1 bunch asparagus, chopped in 1 inch segments
1/2 Cup slivered almonds
Juice of 1 small lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Optional: grated Parmesan, feta crumbles or vegan cheese crumbles
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place cubed butternut squash and asparagus segments in one layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake veggies for 15-20 minutes until tender and roasted.
3. While veggies are roasting, toast almond slivers by placing a small skillet on your oven range on medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add almonds and toast, stirring often for 2-4 minutes, until almonds are slightly browned. Remove from skillet and place aside in a small bowl.
4. Place kale pieces in a large bowl. Add lemon juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil on top of the leaves and using hands, massage kale leaves until the oil and lemon juice are evenly distributed and the kale leaves are tender.
5. Add toasted almonds, roasted veggies and optional geese into bowl of dressed kale. Toss the salad so that all ingredients are evenly distributed. Serve as two main course salads or four side salads. Enjoy!