1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tbsp. salted Challenge butter or Ghee
1/2 cup white wine
4 vine tomatoes, chopped
1 bay leaf
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 1/2 lb. mussels, well scrubbed and debearded
1. In a large pot pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Pour in the white wine, bay leaf, fresh parsley, salt, ground pepper and stir for about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have loosened up and the mixture looks now like a sauce. 5. Add the mussels to your pot, cover with the lid and cook until almost all the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that did not open.
6. Serve the mussels in large bowl with the broth and baguette slices for dipping.