Jackfruit Mole Lettuce Tacos with Mexican Cauliflower Rice
For the tacos
2 dried ancho chiles
1 (28-oz.) can unsalted whole tomatoes
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
3 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup unsalted vegetable stock
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon canned adobo sauce
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce
3 garlic cloves, smashed
2 7 ounce packages Organic Jackfruit, unseasoned and shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 limes, cut into wedges
Hydroponic Bibb lettuce leaves, washed well
1. Place ancho chiles in a bowl; cover with water. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain; remove and discard stems and seeds.
3. Place shredded Jackfruit in a slow cooker. Add tomato mixture. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 2 cups sauce for another use in a mason jar.
5. Serve the Mole Jackfruit with Bibb lettuce leaves, cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!
For the Cauliflower Rice
1 package riced Cauliflower (you can easily make your own as well by pulsing cauliflower florets in a goodprocessor)
1 Tablespoon Extra-Light Olive Oil 1 Tablespoon Ghee 2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh), you can also substitute using 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (make sure there’s no added sugar) Salt & Pepper, to taste ½ Cup vegetable stock Fresh Cilantro Leaves, for garnish
1. Heat the oil and ghee in a large skillet over high heat and add in the garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add in the cauliflower and the vegetable stock and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes or tomato paste and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Remove the cauliflower rice from the heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve alongside Jackfruit Mole Tacos or any Mexican style dish you would like. Enjoy!