Fish Taco Rice Bowl
makes 4 servings
1 Lb white fish (we used responsibly raised Tilapia)
1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and chili powder
Red Cabbage, finely chopped
Rice (your choice) prepared according to package instructions
2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
1/4 Red Onion, diced finely
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced finely
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup Cilantro, washed and chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Optional toppings: salsa, cilantro for garnish, pickled onions
For the guacamole:
1. Slice both avacados, remove the pit, spoon out the inside and place in a small mixing bowl.
2. Add diced red onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, diced jalapeno, lime juice and kosher salt. Mix well enough to combine, but keep the the consistency a little chunky still.
For the fish:
1. Soak your plank for at leats 1 hour before using.
2. Heat gas grill to low heat. Remove the plank from the soaking water. Lay the fish in an even layer on the plank trying to avoid overlapping as much as possible.
3. Sprinkle the fish with kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and chili powder.
4. Place the plank in the center of your grill and cook with lid closed for 15 minutes.
To assemble your Fish Taco Bowl:
1. Scoop a healthy spoonful of guacamole into your bowl. Add to your bowl rice, red cabbage, jicama and tomatoes. Lay the grilled fish on top and add desired toppings. Enjoy!