Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites
I am literally obsessed with Starbucks egg bites! We are currently staying home and staying safe from COVID-19 and I've found the best way for me to reduce stress has been in the kitchen. Every time a craving hits, I add the necessary ingredients to our once a week grocery list so that I can make whatever I am jonesing for in our own kitchen. When Max was born, my in laws bought us an Instant Pot and I have to admit I am constantly impressed by everything that can be done with this one device.
I had no idea how these would turn out, but I was on a mission. The egg mold is from Amazon and the second it arrived, I was ready to roll!
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 ounces plain cream cheese (or plain Greek yogurt)
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup mix ins (options: Hatch green chiles, diced bell peppers, diced roasted asparagus, dice roasted broccoli)
1. Pour one cup of water into the Instant Pot. Place the trivet on top.
2. Add eggs, cottage cheese, cream cheese or yogurt, shredded cheese and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Spray each cup of the silicone egg mold with cooking spray. Divide your mix ins evenly among each egg cup. Pour the egg mixture into each cup over the mix ins.
4. Cover the mold tightly with foil and gently place the mold on top of the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn to lock in place.
5. Set the Instant Pot lid to sealing and press the 'Steam' function, set for 8 minutes.
6. Once the 8 minutes have passed, move the lid valve to release the steam. Carefully lift the mold from the pot, remove the foil from the mold. Using a small spoon, gently remove your egg bites, or leave them in the mold to store. You can serve these immediately or freeze. Enjoy!
Love and hugs,