Crispy Parmesan Chicken w/ Lemon Caper Sauce
This recipe was fun to create. Our son was sick all last week and now our six year old daughter is sick, so we had the kids in bed and this was a date night meal at home, but we will definitely make this one again and include the kids since I know they will both love it. I love recipes that are healthy, but give you almost a gluttonous feeling. Hubby and I both loved the breading of the chicken so much that we want to use the same mixture again for Chicken Parmesan. Also, please note the our Chinese Crested, Noah. He is the ultimate begger! Can I blame him?
1 lb cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (I found natural ones at HEB)
1/2 C superfine Almond Flour
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese (the finer the better)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
Juice from 1 lemon
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp capers
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1. Place cauliflower florets in a pot, fill with water (enough to completely cover cauliflower) and place on stovetop. Bring water to a boil and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
2. While cauliflower is cooking, combine almond flour, Parmesan, smoked paprika, garlic powder and 1 tsp of salt in a large shallow bowl. Whisk the egg in a separate large, shallow bowl.
3. One by one, dunk each chicken breast in the beaten egg then dredge in almond flour mixture. Place on a plate.
4. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tbsp avocado oil and shallow fry each chicken breast for 3 minutes per side.
5. Drain the cauliflower and purée the tender florets in a Vitamix or food processor until smooth.
6. Once all chicken breasts are cooked, lower the heat and melt butter in the skillet. Add the lemon juice, capers and dill. Gently whisk until thickened.
7. To serve: place one chicken breast on each plate, spoon cauliflower purée onto the plate and top with lemon caper butter. Add a handful of arugula to each plate. Enjoy!