ATX Love Knots Snack Mix
Looking for a snack to serve your guests or bring to a Holiday party? I added a little Austin flare to this classic snack by adding pecans and 'Garlic Parmesan' Knots. I LOVE Knots because they are crunchy and fresh without any artificial colors or flavors, GMO ingredients or preservatives.
6 cups Rice Chex Cereal
6 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
3 Cups raw whole cashews
3 cups raw pecan halves
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (recipe below)
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper or to taste (optional)
1 bag Garlic Parmesan Knots
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Combine Chex and both nuts in a large bowl.
3. In a small stove top pan, melt butter, add Worcestershire and salt and mix well.
4. Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and gently stir until everything is evenly coated.
5. Spread onto a large rimmed cookie sheet (I needed two).
5. Bake for 45-60 minutes- stirring every 15 minutes until it turns a little golden.
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
8. Add Garlic Parmesan ATX Love Knots to the mix.
9. Store in an airtight container.
*Homemade Seasoning Salt
1/4 cup Kosher salt
4 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper