Sushi Salmon Bowl
Cook time: 30 minutes
2 6-ounce salmon filets (skin on)
1 cup white or brown rice, cooked*
1 haas avocado, sliced
1/2 seedless cucumber, sliced
small package roasted seaweed strips, cut in thin strips
furikake rice seasoning*
1. If possible, remove salmon from the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes before cooking.
2. Place iron skillet on a grill or stovetop range over medium-high heat. Heat for 15 minutes.
3. Place salmon filets on the iron skillet for about 7-10 minutes depending on thickness.
4. While salmon is cooking, prep rice bowls. Place rice in the bottom of each bowl. Sprinkle rice with furikake seasoning, top with sliced avocado, cucumber and seaweed strips.
5. Remove salmon from the skillet and place in rice bowl. Enjoy!
*I am obsessed with cooking rice in our rice cooker, but if you are in a hurry you could use microwave packs of rice
*you can order Furikake rice seasoning on Amazon