Iron Skillet Lamb Chops & Cauliflower Puree
Iron Skillet Lamb Chops
Lamb chops (2 per person)
1 tablespoon Duck fat
1 tablespoon salted butter (I like Kerrygold)
1. Sprinkle kosher salt and freshly ground pepper on each side of the lamb chops.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the duck fat and swirl around the skillet, so that every part is greased.
3. Add the lamb chops to the skillet and sear for 4-6 minutes each side depending on thickness.
4. During the last 2 minutes of cooking the lamb chops on the second side, add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet and using a spoon, baste the chops so that each one gets some buttery love.
5. Remove the lamb chops from the skillet and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
1 onion, chopped 2 tablespoons butter (I used Kerrygold) 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into pieces 4 cloves garlic, peeled 3 cups milk Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Add the cauliflower, garlic and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently until the cauliflower is tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain well, setting aside the liquid. 3. In a food Vitamix or blender, purée the cauliflower with 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. If you prefer your purée to be a bit thinner, add more cooking liquid. Adjust the seasoning.
1. Spread a layer of the cauliflower purée on a plate and top with lamb chops. Enjoy!