Quick and Easy Fajita Veggie Bowls
Sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons avocado oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
Juice of one lime
Red onion, sliced
1 each red, orange and yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced in strips
2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced in strips
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup rice, cooked according to package
Optional toppings: diced green onions, avocado, salsa, shredded cheese, cream cheese, chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by covering with parchment paper (for easy cleanup). Toss diced sweet potato in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Spread sweet potato cubes in an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
2. Bake sweet potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Place bell peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms in a freezer size ziplock bag with 1 tablespoon of oil, lime juice and taco seasoning. Seal the bag tightly and shake around to make sure each vegggie is evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
4. Place vegetable grill tray on the bed of a gas grill and turn on flames to medium heat.
5. Once the grill is heated, add veggies to the grill tray in an even layer. Grill for 10 minutes, stirring halfway.
6. To assemble the bowls, layer the base of your bowl with rice, top with roasted sweet potatoes, grilled veggies and optional toppings you desire. Enjoy!