Crockpot Beer Brats
1 package turkey, chicken or vegetarian Bratwurst sausages (in this photo we used Trader Joe’s Sundried Tomato and Chicken Sausage)
2 bottles or cans of a lager style beer (we used Shiner Bock)
2 yellow onions, sliced
1/2 stick Challenge Salted butter, sliced in thirds
1 package Trader Joe’s Frozen Cauliflower Mash
1. In the morning, grill the brats for 2-3 minutes each side over medium-high heat.
2. Place grilledbrats into the bottom of your crockpot dish. Place pieces of butter and chopped onions on top.
3. Pour beer over Brats, butter and onions. Turn crockpot on low and let it cook for at least 6 hours.
4. When you’re ready to eat, heat cauliflower mash according to package instructions.
5. To serve, scoop cauliflower mash onto a plate and top with Beer Bratwurst and onions. Optional: serve with salad or broiled broccoli rabe.