Rainbow Grain Bowl
Makes 4 servings
1 cup cooked grain of choice (black rice, quinoa, ancient grains or couscous)
Baby Kale (1 cup for each bowl)
Red bell pepper quartered
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
Shredded red cabbage
Matchstick cut carrots
Chives, finely chopped
Avocado, 1/4 for each bowl
SASS Sesame Garlic salad dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, toss diced sweet potatoes with melted coconut oil, chili powder, salt and pepper.
3. Spread seasoned diced sweet potato in an even layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Lay quartered bell pepper slices on one edge of your foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
4. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, tossing sweet potato once halfway through.
5. Remove sweet potato and red bell from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
6. Place almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for about 7-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the almonds cool.
7. Once the almonds are cool, transfer them to a cutting board and roughly chop.
1. Place a handful of baby kale in the bottom of each bowl. Top the kale leaves with 1/4 cup of cooked grain of choice (I used couscous in the photo since we had it available in our pantry).
2. Top the cooked grain with chopped chives and almonds.
3. Place the cabbage, carrots, avocado, roasted bell pepper, feta and sweet potato around the bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of SASS Sesame Garlic salad dressing. Enjoy!