Fall Fest Salad with Grilled Chicken
1 package organic chicken tenderloins
1 package cubed butternut squash (HEB and Trader Joe's has pre-cut which saves time)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup quinoa
1 package shredded brussels sprouts (HEB and Trader Joe's has pre-cut which saves time)
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup salted and shelled pistachios
1/3 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
Autumn Dijon Dressing (see below)
Autumn Dijon Dressing
*add all ingredients to a Salad Dressing Shaker (I have tried many and this is the only one I like. It is also dishwasher safe for the win!)
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Toss the butternut squash with olive oil and place in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the quinoa in a small saucepan and rinse a few times. Add 1/2 cup of water and a pinch of kosher salt. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
4. Heat gas grill to medium heat. Season the chicken with poultry seasoning.
5. Place chicken on the grill and grill for about 3 minutes each side. Remove chicken from the grill and allow the tenderloins to rest for 5 minutes.
6. In a large bowl combine brussels sprouts, butternut squash, quinoa, cranberries, chickpeas and pistachios. Toss with Autumn Dijon Dressing (you will only need about half or less than what is in your salad dressing shaker). Serve with grilled chicken. Enjoy!