'17 Fall 'Mommy' Must Haves
You've spent the last month prepping your little ones for school. New undies, backpack, school supplies, shoes, etc. Guess what? Now it's your turn! These are my current fall must haves:
1. Zella 'Live In' High Waist Leggings- you really can live in these puppies! They are comfy enough to wear around the house and when it's time to head out for activities or school pickup, you can easily cute them up by throwing on a plaid button up shirt (like this one).
2. Madewell 10-inch High-Rise Skinny Jeans- these jeans are super comfy and can be dressed up with a tank and heels or worn casual with a t-shirt and baseball cap.
3. My "mom bag" of choice this fall is Rebecca Minkoff's Medium Julian Leather Backpack. Not only is this backpack large enough to hold wipes and snacks, but it's comfortable and has an easy to access spot for your beloved cell phone. I rock the medium size, but the designer also offers a larger size if you need more storage space.
4. Zella Runaround Compact Shorts- I have tried so many different running/workout shorts and have been let down a lot by awkward fitting waists. These shorts fit amazingly, are breathable and Nordstrom keeps releasing several color options (yes!). The best part is the lenghth is just right (long enough to not be humilated while dropping your kiddos at school and short enough to not feel frumpy).
5. Zella Pace Tank- do not be alarmed when you hold this tank up and it looks see through! When you throw this gem on your body, you'll see (or not see) every bit of your tummy is covered (whew!). Zella's designer (gossip alert: used to design for another big name athletic apparel brand) designed this tank to fit in all the right places and be completely breathable.
6. Soludos 'Smoking' Espadrille Platform Shoe- these lovelies are cute enough to wear around, but comfortable enough to wear while you chase your little one around the playground.
7. Urban Decay 'Naked 2' Palette- this palette is small enough to fit in a travel makeup bag and has colors that work for daytime (if you have enough time to slap makeup on your face) and evening (like you're once a month date night, you wild animal you).
8. Apple Watch Series 2- of course you can track your steps, fitness goals, etc. on these watches, but my favorite part about wearing an Apple Watch being accessable in case of emergency. I live in constant paranoia that my daughter's school may try andreach me and I won't know. When I wear this watch, my mind is at ease. If I'm cleaning the house or running errands, my wrist will light up alerting me IF I am needed. Dressier looking watch bands are available too!
9. Smudge Spot 4 Wheel Suitcase by by Cath Kinston- I don't know about you, but I like my luggage to stick out on the baggage claim carrousel. Usually by the time we get our luggage, it has been a long day and we are anxious to visit with family or get back home, so the faster I can make this process the better. Plus, isn't it more fun to travel in style?
10. Cath Kidston tea towels- this designer makes such cute tea towels that have a distinct style. They are absorbant, wash well and look great! My sister gifted me these tea towels years ago and after a lot of use they still look new.
11. Harlan Blush TOMS Sunglasses- I absolutely adore this look! TOMS website even notes which style of sunglasses fits well with different face shapes and provides specific measurements to make online shopping a breeze. Also, when you purchase a pair of TOMS sunglasses, the company pays it forward and donates a pair of glasses to someone in need, so you'll be fashionably charitable!
12. Moon and Lola 'Chelsea' Small Personalized Monogram Stud Earrings- these earrings are cute, comfortable and come in 12 different colors. I find them to be an easy way to dress up football game day outfits.
13. Asics Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe- a few years ago I ditched my fashionable sneakers and was properly fitted by running specialists. Since then, I've focused on the fit of the shoe versus style. Recently though, I discovered this Asics Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe and was so pleased to find a shoe that is functional for running miles and easily pairs with most outfits. Seriously you should have seen my last pair of shoes! They wore like a dream, but YIKES they were far from cute.
14. Mellie Fringe Pump- loafers are BACK!!! This pair is a definite upgrade from the penny loafers I wore in elementary. They are an easy way to dress up a date night denim look and comfortable to wear wealking around downtown Austin.
15. 'Love' Split Back Pullover- coming from Ohio the fall season always meant sweaters to me. Now living in Austin, TX fall mostly means it is still hot, but the nights do get cooler. This "sweater" is easy to wear with denim or leggings and super comfy for travel.